Saturday, March 21, 2015

Experiment / What's On The Bench

Always curious about different aspects of my holster building, I decided for a little experiment. You don't know what you don't know is a sad state in my opinion. The new shop is still under construction but everything is set up so I can work about as efficiently as possible. I think I have had 14 projects on the bench this week and just curious about what I can do, I made a little "task" sheet.  With several holsters on the bench, it can get confusing as to what is due when, and what needs immediate attention.

The daily routine has been is 2 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the evening in order to get a better understanding of what I can do.  Partially, just so I can honestly tell people when they can expect there holsters.  It's not a test of "how fast" since things just don't turn out well when done in haste, and a fast level of production is just not what I am after.

  What's On The Bench

 Fresh off the Bench


The "slider" is what we will call this newest holster.  This one is for a Glock 19.




It is more of a flat back holster with a tunnel for the belt loop. This is my "go to" when I carry OWB
Wingman for a Glock 19 dye is brandy

A Skinny for an XDS 3.3, it is made from my 4.0 which sticks out the additional distance
Also an IWB mag carrier. One that I wear but have never made otherwise.
The back of the mag carrier is lined for comfort. This design is made for comfort of carry and does not give a "free" easy grip to the mag.

Smith and Wesson 9mm avenger










A pair for a Glock 19




A horizontal mag carrier for a glock 42. Could be made for others as well



Still on the Bench

An Omega for a double stack gun, almost done Jacob




A pair for a Sig 380.



Some mag cariers



Skinny for a little 38



Slider for an XDS















































No comments:

Post a Comment