Sunday, October 4, 2015

Oath Keepers Custom Leather Holster / What's On the Bench

My son showed me a picture one day of  holster and "hey dad, can you make that?" and I said "but it's green?". Reluctantly, I told him I would get some colors and do some playing with them and see what we come up with. I had my doubts, but I think it turned out pretty good. The stamping on it is for the Oath Keepers organization. Oath Keepers is a group of people that have taken an oath to defend the constitution when they were in service and have never "un-done" that oath since, (my loose definition).




Before I did the 1911 I made this omni for a Glock 43 and listed it on Ebay.


As long as I was playing with colors, I ordered a red dye, just to see.  Experimented with an interest in pink. Turns out it aint that easy. Going to get some white dy to mix later and see what we get. I have some blue as well, so I see a red whit and blue attempt in the future.  This Glock 43 is a red with brown air brushed accents.


Below  is a Smith & Wesson Shield holster. An Omni version.


 Above is another Smith & Wesson Shield holster.
Below are two different Taurus Judge Public defender Holster with slight color variations.


And then a little skinny holster for a Taurus 5 shot revolver.  I know I built it, but it still amazes me, how this holster can be held upside down and shaken over and over and the gun does not fall out, yet draws just as easy as you please.  To hold is ant pull the gun out of the holster so easily, you would never believe it has the retention that it does.

Below is a prototype of a new design. It is my attempt at a competitor for the hybrid style holster. I have the 2nd version almost done, which I believe will be the "standard" for it. This will be the subject of the next blog entry. 



6 comments:

  1. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. concealed carry holsters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. 1911 iwb leather holster

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. concealed carry holsters

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. concealed carry holsters

    ReplyDelete