Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Best "first" holster / What's On The Bench


A recent conversation with a friend stirs up the Title of this entry.

This friend is a new conceal carry permit holder and as such, has all the same questions, and uncertainties that every one has in the first days of concealing a firearm on ones person. This friend has one of my "Omni" holsters and so many of the things he has done reminds me of the first days myself.  The ever present anxiety "I think it shows" "there is a bulge" "is that guy eying my gun"  ect.

In a recent conversation he told me that he had been carrying at about 10:00-11:00 position (one of those lefties) but decided to try it at 1:00-2:00, kind of at a cross draw for a lefty.  There had also been a try at 8:00-9:00 on the hip and even an experiment at 6:00 just to see what it was like.  He asked if it would work outside the pants as well? Yes inside the belt, outside of the pants will work "in a pinch".

This made me begin thinking how many holsters most people have to order, in order to try so many positions. How many holsters has the experienced person had, in order to experiment with different positions?

A single clip holster is not for everyone. Explanation.  An Omni IS the best "first" holster for everyone.  Forty bucks for a holster to wear for the first year.  It takes that long to experiment and experience the different ways to carry and the the different ways to carry at different times and occasions. 

In my first year of carrying a firearm I made several different holsters, trying to figure out how I wanted to carry the gun. Today and every day I carry an Omni and carry in any position I want.

What's On The Bench


Slider for a Glock 17 Color - Washed Brown
Omni and Mag carriers for a CZ75B Color - Coffee
Avenger for a XD 9 Color Brandy with air brushed black accents
Cowboy Holster for a 22 Color - Coffee
Avenger for a M&P 9 Color Brandy with Black Accnets

Small of the back avenger for a Taurus PT111 color - black
Avenger for a Glock 19 color brandy with air brushed black accents

Wingman for a Glock 19 color - natural oil tanned
 Slider for a 1911
 OWB for a FNX45T
 Wingman for an FNX
 Couple of straps for motorcycle seats
 Avenger for a Glock 30











No comments:

Post a Comment