Sunday, January 31, 2016

Antiquing


Visit the web page Bam Bam Holsters


Antiquing is completely different form of dying leather. What I use, is actually a gel, that is applied liberally and before it can dry, it is wiped off with a paper towel. It will leave behind accumulations of dye in any marks, such as stamping or any other indentations in the leather.  This results in darker areas.
Notice the differences in the stamped areas

The affect is greatly diminished when I wet form the leather.  A water based dye, dunked in water, can come out different every time.

Below are all deviations of dark brown Antique gel.

This one I actually hand rubbed under water to get the light shade.








JUST OFF THE BENCH





1911 Setup

Full Size 1911 Avenger with double Mag Carrier

Double Layer Gun Belt

IWB and OWB Leather Holsters

Ruger LCR OWB Holster

Smart Phone Wallet


Lefty Wingman Holster 1911 with IWB Mag Cariers

 STILL ON THE BENCH

couple of 1911 avengers

personalized slider for an xdm

clipper, wingman and an omni

after about a dozen prototypes, I think I ma very close to having my koozie down

I think??? that represents about 6 builds just about to start up











No comments:

Post a Comment