Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Recent Encounter With the Police / What's on the bench

Visit the web page Bam Bam Holsters


I have read many "what to do" articles about conceal carrying and police interactions. In Texas, it is required to inform the police if you are carrying a firearm.  Me and the little Mrs were in route to my sons house for a little "grandbaby time". Our route took us through a construction zone. Drop from 60 to 45 MPH.  OK, we do that.........Little ways down the road, out of construction, but not the zone, I pick it back up, and wouldn't you know it, some one slow poking along, and I hit the brakes as I am gaining rapidly on him. He pulls over, I pass by him, he hits his lights, I pull over.

The following is just what I did, some opinions vary on what should be done. I lean forward to get my wallet out, and hold it up, so it is apparent to him what I am doing, as I get my licenses out. In other words, from his car he can see that it was my wallet that I was reaching for. As he comes to the car, what I am doing with my hands is obvious and in plain view. Not paying attention to the wife doing the same thing, We both hand him our license to carry and drive (passenger does not have to do this, I think).

I have met very few people as courteous and polite as this Highway Patrol. His first question was. "if you both are carrying, please tell me, without touching, where your gun is." We both informed him of such, and he congratulated both of us for have our gun on our person. And further stated, "it is sad, that so many hand me there license to carry and don't have the gun on. He of course asked me if I knew I was going 59 in a 45 in a construction zone, and if I had a reason. I just told him, I blew it, and was not thinking, that I have not been stopped in over 15 years and for some reason thought the zone had ended. The conversation, turned to guns, and gun safety a holster making. In hind sight, I should have told him, I make holsters for free to law enforcement that give me a brake, but that would not have been wise. He tells me, "I am going to let you off with a warning, and does what he does in his car with my license, and a few minute later......Please sign here.

To me, the most astounding part of the encounter was yet to come. His parting words, were, "thank you for being so courteous". It is a sad day in my opinion for the police. They are lambasted with negativity in the media on a continual basis, and so often hear abusive talk and behavior by the people who have broken the law.


FRESH OFF THE BENCH


Smith & Wesson 45 Long Colt holster and Belt Dark Cordovan and Black

Ruger Redhawk Avenger Cordovan and Walnut

Side view as worn

When un snapped, cartridges fall into your hand
1911 IWB Setup .....most of it is rough out and Walnut

Sig 938 setup with avenger, mag carrier and Belt Walnut and Cordovan
Another view

Couple of cowboy "fun" holsters for a 22 LR Antiqued Tan

Glock 19 Avenger Walnut and Cordovan

Glock 22 Avenger Cordovan and Walnut

Omni for a Glock 43 Black







2 comments:

  1. Well done, Brent, well done! You are so right in what you said about the way our law enforcement officers are treated. I applaud you and Linda for the manner in which you handled yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a little scary when it it happened. But, now we know what what to do.

    ReplyDelete