Sunday, April 17, 2016

Color Possibilities / What's On the Bench



Visit the web page Bam Bam Holsters

I get asked a lot about what colors can be done with leather.  The possibilities are endless, but here are the main ones that I do, and other examples as well. Every color I use is a recipe, or mixture of dyes that I continually replicate. I keep pretty good records but there can be slight variances caused by many things....dye mixtures, different sides of leather, even the weather can effect the outcome to some degree.  

All natural ....no dye

Cordovan and Walnut.  (cordovan can vary in appearance)

Mahogony

Walnut an Saddle tan 

Brown

Walnut / Brown





Then in oil dye there is always "BLACK"


Holsters that are two piece construction can be dyed any combination of colors.  The re enforcement piece (smaller piece) is listed as the 2nd color in these pics.




























1 comment: